Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

When canned pumpkin comes in season around the holidays, I like to hoard it so that I can cook with it later. Sometimes it can be really hard to find! And I can't ever remember where to find it...is it with the canned vegetables? the fruits? the pie fillings? So once I see a can or two, I buy.

Let the hoarding begin!

Anyways, I am sitting here eating my pumpkin bread that I made this week thinking, "This is so good! And moist!" So I thought I would share the recipe. It really is a good one.


Hey! It's half-eaten already....


My breakfast and I (more details about the tea bag to come later)

Thank you, Mom, for passing this on to me!

Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup canned pumpkin (canned pumpkin usually comes in a 15oz can...I just freeze the rest)

*You could also add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips....or both!

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together with a mixer.
Grease a loaf pan.
Fill loaf pan with mixture (it should fill about 3/4).
Bake for about 1 hour...or until a toothpick comes out clean!


Going...going...


Gone!

Enjoy!
AC

No comments:

Post a Comment