Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Bid for Pinterest Fame!

Day In.

Sometime in the past two years, the siding on the house needed replacing.  At the same time, some of the windows were replaced and I kept some of them around for a day when I felt inspired.

That day was sometime last week.  I wanted to do something for Anna for being such a great wife. And since we haven't done anything with our wedding pictures yet, I figured this was the perfect opportunity to do something with them.  In addition, I thought I might be able to do something creative/clever enough to have at least one pin on Pintrest.

I started with just a simple window from the house and used an electric sanded to make it look a little older/shabby chic.

Sanded window.

Next, I printed six of my favorite wedding pictures in 5"x7" with a white border.  I taped these pictures to the backside of the window with a one small piece of tape at the top.  I did measure to make sure they were lined up.

Pictures taped to window
Next, I tore out a bunch of newspaper articles into little pieces.  I only used portions of the article with text only and no pictures.
Window with torn newspapers articles
I dumped a bottle of Elmer's glue, along with a little water, in a metal bowl and mixed it all together with a paint brush.

Supplies
I painted the glue mixture on the window and edge of the back of pictures and began to place the newspaper clippings.  This part got to be a little tedious.

Mid newspapering
Once I applied the newspaper to all the window frames, I painted glue all over the back again to make sure it would all stay together.  Then I let it dry...

.

.

.

.

.

Finally, I surprised Anna with my project.  I think she really liked it.  Now all that we have left to do is hang it somewhere in the house!

Finished Product 1
Finished Product 2
So that's my attempt at being crafty.

Day Out.

Stu

1 comment: