Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Craft - Wedding Invitation Ornament

This is my last craft for the holiday season :)

My sister-in-law showed me this idea of taking a leftover wedding invitation and making an ornament out of it. I loved that idea especially since I do have a few extras left from the wedding.

This is the blog she showed me.

I decided to use both my invitations and Save the Dates for this project. I loved them both and have extras so I might as well!

It was very easy, and I made two while watching TV one night (I gave one to my mom too).

Steps:
-Cut up 2 to 3 invitations in strips along each line of the invitations
-Curl the strips with scissors like you would with ribbon
-Fill a clear glass or plastic ornament (I got mine from Michael's) with the curled strips

Here's a close up of how mine turned out.



Thanks K! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment