Sunday, August 26, 2012

Strawberry Jam

Day In.

For a recent bridal shower, I decided to make strawberry jam...to enjoy at the shower and use as a take-away for the guests.

It was surprisingly super easy. I opted not to make jam with gelatin in it...so this version has to be refrigerated.

Strawberry Jam
2 lbs. fresh strawberries, hulled (I chopped mine in the food processor for a bit)
4 cups granulated sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. orange juice

Supplies.


Everyone in the pool.






Put a small plate in the freezer.

Add ingredients to a pot over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil and stir often until the mixture reaches 220 degrees. (I used a candy thermometer.)

Drop a teaspoon of jam on the plate from the freezer. Return the plate to the freezer for 1 minute. Remove the plate and make a line with your finger through the jam. If the jam doesn't run together, it is ready!

I used half pint Mason jars for the party favors. One recipe was just enough.

It was easy and delicious! My dad tried it too and loved it :)

Here are the jars at the shower as a take-away.




Day Out.
AC


No comments:

Post a Comment