Monday, August 6, 2012

tea party

Day In.

Party # 2.

On Sunday of the same weekend, I threw a wedding shower for my twin sister, Rebecca. I love doing girly things so we had afternoon tea! A McKaskle tradition.

A fellow bridesmaid, Lauren, as well as my mom helped get everything ready.

Here's what was on the menu:
-Cream cheese & cucumber sandwiches
-Chicken Salad sandwiches
-Chocolate chip scones with homemade jam and clotted cream
-Strawberry shortcake cupcakes
-Cheese straws
-Tea cakes
-Lemon straws
-Hot tea
-Punch

The Hostesses.


Our drink table.


Festive front door.


I'm not a huge fan of cheesy shower games but sometimes, it is nice to have something to do with everyone. I found this cute idea to do a MabLib version of wedding vows. They turned out hilarious! Rebecca read some out loud...it was a hit.

You can find them here.
MadLib.

Food table.

 






With the bride!


Rebecca with her future mother and sister-in-law.


I gave her a print of the state of Georgia....where they met and their first home!


Sweet Megan from Auburn. She MADE Rebecca pottery! Impressive. 


Lauren, Mom and Megan.


It was a lot of fun...and a very lovely time. But I have to say, I was quite exhausted that night and pretty much the next couple of days!

Oh happy day!

Day Out.
AC


1 comment: