Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stuart's 30th Birthday Party

Day In.

It's been a while. Somehow, this summer has gone by very quickly, and we seem to be busy most weekends.

In July, I threw a party for Stuart since he was turning the big 3-0. I wanted it to be about his favorite things...so I invited close friends and family, catered BBQ, had a keg of Blue Moon and Bundt cake for dessert. There were yard games of cornhole and "white-trash frisbee", both two of his favorites. The weather was surprisingly perfect for an outdoor party.

Here are some pictures. It was a lot of fun!






This fun dresser has been in our guest bedroom since I moved in. Sadly, it has always smelled bad despite all my attempts to fix it. So, I decided to move it outside to serve as our bar! (good idea, Rebecca!)

Stuart loves bowties and has a lot. I found this printable and put it on the bar.


There were Mason jars for water and tea.



Family. Cotton perfectly popped through our photo!


I made this sign with some leftover pallet wood we had, just in case people weren't sure where things were located :)

Take-aways. 
Bundt cake as requested. Chocolate-chocolate chip and a white chocolate. Yum.

I made the burlap bunting with some leftover fabric I had from our stockings.
I sewed it together and then tied it onto skewers.

I asked 30 friends and family to write Stuart a letter for his birthday. They could be sweet, funny, silly, etc. He loved it.
It was a surprise! And he read ALL of them that night after everyone left.



Our friends, Bo and Sarah, have one very cool Kegerator which I asked to borrow for the party. I ordered a keg of Blue Moon (one of Stuart's favorites) from Green's, and the boys set it up.
I also used Stuart's collection of Sweetwater glasses for the beer. It was fun to pour your own!


Cheers!

I ordered food from Pig N Chick as requested. I featured baby pictures of Stuart on the table.

I printed off signs to label the food.


Good friends.

Our dear friends came from Memphis. Cole and Cotton wanted to be near each other :)





Family. 

Happy Birthday!!



We had a great time. More people came, we just didn't have photos of everyone. Overall it was fun and pretty easy to plan. Thanks to my mom and sister for all their help; to Stuart for cutting the grass; Bo and Sarah for the Kegerator; Mrs. Day for the Mason jars; and everyone for writing him a letter!

Day Out. 
AC

No comments:

Post a Comment