Monday, May 20, 2013

Adventures in Pressure Washing

Greetings, avid readers! This blog is not going to be the most exciting for the majority of people, but as my 30th birthday is approaching, I've come to accept that I'm getting older. I told my friend who just purchased a house that he will realize he is old now, because he will be excited about getting things like rakes for Christmas or his birthday.  I realized this has never been more true for me, when I spent all day on a Saturday pressure washing our driveway and my joy in this subtle difference this created.

I must first thank my dad for letting me borrow his pressure washer. It's a Clean Force 1800 PSI. For my driveway, I used the 15 degree nozzle to really get it clean, and followed up with the 40 degree nozzle to get off all the excess.  Without further ado, here is a picture of the magical machine:

In the picture, you may have noticed a bottle to the left.  This is "Krud Kutter", which is supposed to help, but started without it and realized it wasn't needed for this job.

I knew our driveway was dirty, but I had no idea how dirty until I started washing it.
Can you tell where I've done?

What about in this one?
This is about when I went inside to get Anna to come look at how awesome it was.  She couldn't tell where I had cleaned. :(

She thought that part of the driveway was wet, and not dirty. Because of this, I thought of you, faithful blog readers, and took a picture to prove that it wasn't just that part of the driveway was wet.  It was also to let out some of my inner child.

Just for the record, this was not a quick process.  I started at about 11:00 AM, took a break for lunch at 1:00 PM, started back about 1:30 PM, and finished at 4:00 PM.

Now for some before and afters...
Before

After

Before

After

Well, that's it for this update.  I've gotta go watch "The Voice" now.

Day out.

Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment