Friday, May 11, 2012

Felt Flower Wreaths

I have seen these types of wreaths on Pinterest and always thought they were so cute (and seemed fairly easy). So I decided to try a couple.

I bought some pieces of felt from Hancock Fabric. I bought yellow for a friend to make a baby wreath.




It turned out simple enough...though I had a few run-ins with the hot glue (ow!).

Here's a quick tutorial for the felt flowers for those of you (like me) that thought they looked difficult.

Use a round object to measure circles, depending on the size of wreath.

Cut the circle...

...until it looks like this (sorry, I couldn't think of a better way to describe!).

Reassemble the circle by hot gluing it into a rosette.


Voila! Felt Flower. Now repeat like 20 times :)


Here's my baby wreath (not the best photo, taken by phone)

I decided to make one for my front door for Spring. I wanted a "cheery" color since our house in green, the yard is green, etc. Everything seems to be green. So, I chose hot pink! It really does brighten up the door.




My very talented friend made me the sweetest banner for Easter. It's hard to read here but it says "He is Risen". It was a lovely surprise! I decided to add it to the wreath for the month of April. I love how it turned out.




Happy Spring!
AC


No comments:

Post a Comment