Monday, March 26, 2012

Orzo Pesto Salad

Day In.

Oops...I've fallen off the blog wagon. I really have no excuse, other than perhaps I have lost my creativeness. It's Spring, and I want to be outside! (minus the pollen)

Today for lunch, I wanted to make an easy orzo pasta. Fresh Market has the BEST so I am trying to create my own version. I am really just using what I had at home. 

(In case you aren't sure, orzo is a pasta that is in the shape of rice.)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup dried Orzo pasta
1/4 cup Pesto
Lemon, a squeeze
Olive Oil
1/4 cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/8 cup Gorgonzola cheese
Salt and Pepper



Cook the orzo according to the package. Drain and place orzo in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Add walnuts, cheese, pesto, and a squeeze of the lemon. Stir and season with salt and pepper, as needed.




Yum!

You could add spinach or arugula or some cherry tomatoes. I didn't have any of those but it was still delicious without!

Serve warm or chilled. This is great as a side or main dish with veggies.

Enjoy.

I'm just going to eat mine straight of the bowl...don't mind me :)

Day Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment