Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Year's Resolution: Try new recipes

Day In.

I never really follow through on my New Year's resolutions...maybe ever. So I thought I would make one that would be pretty easy to stick to. Since we love food, and I (Anna) love to cook, I would try new recipes this year.

I don't have any pictures, but I thought I would share some of the recipes I have tried so far!

Sweet Potato Pancakes
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/40-a-day/sweet-potato-pancakes-recipe/index.html

Verdict: I realized that I am not a fan of pancakes all that much...especially making them. Especially when you have guests, and pancakes forbid you to leave their side. These were ok...a little dense for my liking. But a nice way to use a sweet potato!

Homemade Pizza Dough
This always seemed scary for me...using yeast and making dough. But it was super easy! And now I shall never go back to that stuff in the twist can.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/fig-prosciutto-pizza-with-arugula/

Stu and I love figs so this combo of fig spread with prosciutto was amazing. (p.s. Fresh Market had the BEST fig spread. You could spread it on a shoe, and it would be tasty....)

Tomato-Glazed Meatloaves from Smitten Kitchen
I love her blog so I bought her new cookbook...it's pretty awesome. I don't think the recipe is on her website. Stu LOVED this. I did not...maybe it would taste better to me if I didn't have to make it. The flavors were good.

Fried Chicken with White Gravy from Tupelo Honey Cafe
After we spent our anniversary in Asheville, my mom gave me a cookbook from the Tupelo Honey Cafe. So I decided to whip up my first ever fried chicken...delicious! It has crushed nuts as the batter...really good with the gravy. And most importantly, I got to use my new thermometer to fry the chicken.

Chicken Salad with Cilantro and Avocado
http://relishscd.blogspot.ca/2012/11/avacado-chicken-salad-scd-paleo.html

This was yummy...and super healthy. Anything with avocado or cilantro is fine with me.

Slow-Cooker Herbed Balsamic Pork Roast
http://www.cafejohnsonia.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-herbed-balsamic-pork-roast.html

This was good. It actually tasted better the next day. We just shredded the meat in the sauce, after I strained and reduced it. Yum!


~~~~~~

Sorry that there are no pictures...I failed to take them. Let me know if anyone wants a recipe that I didn't have a link to.

Day Out.
AC




1 comment:

  1. We loved getting to sample your cooking adventures! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete